Re: 2GIG-file

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 17:54:13 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I've noticed that some of the FS drivers don't support files over 2GB
> > due to legacy VFS issues. NWFS is at 256 Terabytes per file on 2.4.
>
> 1Tb - think about the 32bit block numbers in ll_rw_blk

On Linux 2.4 the actual limit is 16/32 Terabytes (4K/8K blocksize *
32-bit block-number). I can support in NWFS 2.4.1 (next release) files
even larger (256TB) however, you are correct that on Linux 2.4 I will be
limited to 16 TB filesizes since we support up to 4K device blocksizes
(could enable 8K though).

:-)

Jeff