Re: Kernel API changes 2.2.x -> 2.4.x?

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 10:49:07 EST

Dan Hollis wrote:

> I am trying to port a DSL NIC driver from 2.2.x to 2.4.x and I can't seem
> to find a list of kernel API changes anywhere.

Documentation hasn't caught up with softnet yet. At present you'll have
to first understand the 2.2 kerenl/driver interface (plenty of books
cover this) and then patch your brain via:

The softnet-HOWTO: http://lwn.net/2000/0217/a/softnet-howto.html

Alexey's changelog:
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/network/ip-routing/README.softnet

davem's original softnet merge announcement:
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2000-06/0689.html