Re: [Fwd: HDLC + LAP-B over Serial]

From: John O'Connor (jpoc@jpoc.org)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 23:28:37 EST

Matthew M. Copeland asked:

> I have a device that has a serial (RS-422) interface and communcicates
> sending data packets via LAP-B over HDLC. Does anyone know of a driver
> that
> has already been written that will handle this combination or a way to
> get
> some existing driver to handle this?

The important thing here is probably the comms chip on the device. Do
you know which one it is?

Years ago, I had to write a Frame relay driver for QNX and we used a
card that had a Zilog HDLC chip. I found a FreeBSD driver for that chip
out on the net and it was pretty easy to extract the HDLC code and use
it in my application. I'd suggest that you try something like that.

--

John O'Connor

jpoc@jpoc.org http://jpoc.org