Castlewood Systems ORBS and 2.4.0

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 00:46:21 EST

I have gotten "Castlewood Systems ORBS" on board with Linux today.
Basically they will give me everything and all of there stuff is firmware
based. This will include the "vender-unique ops-code" for the standard
i/o access points.

There may be some other mini-hard hacks to get all that I need.
The API will stay constant but I may need to expand the taskfile access
"WITHOUT" a completion handler parser (previously a fight).

Thus the current command/task handler will have to used.

I will avoid this at all costs and wait.

This is an informational statement only.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy