Re: multimounting cdroms ???

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 19:50:28 EST

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:

> I think of another problem, what if somebody has the idea of
> something like
>
> while true; do
> mount /cdrom
> done
>
> how many times can a filesystem be mounted? (sorry if it is clear in the
> sources, but I have no experience with fs/ )

Well, with the current code he will get OOM after a while. Hey, there are
easier ways to get that - just keep doing chdir into really deep tree...
It needs to be fixed, but IMO the right answer is "don't give that power
to malicious user". mount _is_ a priveleged operation, after all. But yes,
this thing with stacking them over the same point needs to be fixed. IMO
"replacement" semantics is the right way to do that, but there are other
variants. It will be fixed one way or another before the 2.4.0-final.