RE: Kernel reboot on loading (port 0xEF)

From: Agust Karlsson (Gusti@pallas.dk)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 07:16:23 EST

Hi Dick.
Reading from port 0xEE yields 0xff and nothing seems to happen, but actually
it is an alternative method to propagate the A20 signal.
But if you read from port 0xEF (in the bios debugger) the Elan SC400
reboots.
That is why I'm wondering if the kernel reads that port somewhere, maybe as
a part of checking what ports are available ?

Agust Karlsson
Pallas Informatik
Alleroed Stationsvej 2D
DK-3450 Alleroed Denmark