Kernel reboot on loading (port 0xEF)

From: Agust Karlsson (Gusti@pallas.dk)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:47:15 EST

Hi once again.

Now I think I have found the reason that the kernel reboots itself on
It turnes out that the AMD Elan SC400 microcontroller has an alternative CPU
reset by
reading (yes reading) port 0xEF.
Does anyone know if linux reads this port and if so where should I look for
it.
BTW it has an alternative A20 gate control by reading port 0xEE but it
should be ORed with the other methods, so now in setup.S I have 3 methods
(to be safe :-) ).

Agust Karlsson
Pallas Informatik
Alleroed Stationsvej 2D