Re: 2.2.16 fatal Oops

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 12:25:22 EST

Hello!

> 2.2.13. If you're not interested in how long similar problems have been in
> the kernel, that's fine

The problem is that one real bug has been fixed by Dave recently,
so that older kernels are in the past perfect. I am not historian yet. 8)

> this report, I repeat, was on 2.2.16.

OK.

> So he recently sent another (for 2.2.16), which was at the bottom of my
> report, but which actually doesn't apply ...

Well, apply it by hands. What is the problem?

Actually, it is more clever to use the latest kernel, some bugs in 2.2.16
have been already fixed as well.

> the goal was to make the next failure more diagnosis friendly.

I know, we discussed this with him. This debugging patch is the first thing,
which I would propose to you.

Alexey