Re: 2.2.16 fatal Oops

From: Whit (whit@transpect.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 12:07:05 EST

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 08:42:29PM +0400, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > me (from 2.2.13 on) since last Fall. Results below.
>
> The results for 2.2.13 are not intersting. __ PERIOD __
>
> You have said the problem existed in 2.2.16. If you cheated,
> you will have to pay for lost time. 8)8) Please, use proper
> kernel, namely 2.2.17ac.

Alexey,

What the? My current report was on 2.2.16 - stock. But I've seen crashes
related to tcp_keepalive through all recent 2.2.x kernel versions, since
2.2.13. If you're not interested in how long similar problems have been in
the kernel, that's fine - this report, I repeat, was on 2.2.16.

I'm at this point running 2.2.17pre5. You're saying I'd be better of with
2.2.17ac? If so I'll try it, but please explain why it should be better.

> > Oleg's patch, by the way, didn't take...
>
> Please, explain. I did not understand, what you mean.

Had a patch from a fellow named Oleg that who had offerred a couple of
previous patches to me to try to fix the problems (for 2.2.15) that hadn't.
So he recently sent another (for 2.2.16), which was at the bottom of my
report, but which actually doesn't apply ... the goal was to make the next
failure more diagnosis friendly.

 \/\/ I-I I T
 Blauvelt
 whit@transpect.com