Re: how to recovery my NTFS partition

From: Michael Borrelli (mike@cc237069-b.brick1.nj.home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 08:45:18 EST

David Woodhouse said this...
>ak@suse.de said:
>> I disagree. There were various reports of such damages. If you use
>> the write option you should probably know a lot of about what you're
>> doing (like how to repair broken NTFS file systems). Those clueful
>> individuals can comment in the Config.in option.
>>
>> -Andi (who is worried about Linux's reputation on this one)
>
>I suppose there's a case for commenting it out of Config.in in the stable
>release. Is there a way to detect the minor version number in the config
>scripts and do that automatically according to whether it's odd or even?

What about us who would like to use a "stable" release of the OS kernel
but want to play around with experimental things? I suppose adding an
option to the begining of the Makefile that says
"ALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL=N" under odd releases could be ignored and under
even releases, this would allow those who really want to mess up their
file systems and other things to do so without major modifications to the
rest of the file.

-mjb