Switching keyboard hangs the machine in 2.2.16

From: Walter Klomp (walter@swiftech.net.sg)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 05:09:21 EST

Hi,

I have a couple of linux boxes connected to 1 keyboard & monitor with a 4->1
switch. After upgrading them to 2.2.16, they will crash (i.e. completely
freeze and do nothing) when I switch betwen the servers... No errors are
logged in the syslog, nor does anything appear on the screen...

Has something changed in the keyboard / interrupt driver ?

Is there anyway to prevent this from occuring, other than connecting
individual keyboards ?

This occurs on different hardware in different configurations... Previously,
upto 2.2.15 there was no such problem, at most I would get a non-responsive
keyboard... for which there was a fix by sending some commands to it...

Please cc to me directly as I am not on the list.

Thanks for your attention.

Walter Klomp