Re: [2.4.0-test1-ac2] kernel oops on eject of pcmcia cards

From: Florian Lohoff (flo@rfc822.org)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 15:00:46 EST

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 10:10:51AM -0700, Thomas Davis wrote:

> Which means rolling back to 2.2.x series.
>
> Bleah. :-)
>
> I've also had problems with 2.4.0test release and pcmcia - my 3c575tx
> doesn't work last time I tried.

I have now tried 2.4.0 to increase the user/tester base - I did not encounter
many problems but i am beginning to ask for ext3 for having a faster reboot :)

I have seen oopsen with pcmcia on eject of cards (always) - There is no problem
in functionality (XirCom Realport 1).

Today i encoutered complete hangs means the machine freezes - I am not
sure if this is pcmcia related - The interesting thing is that
it seems to happen when i have no Ethernet connected to the
pcmcia card and the dhcpcd doesnt get any answer and shuts down
the interface again. Although it happened to me the first time when playing
around with UDMA 33 and hdparm (calling it multiple times)

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-waiting-4-telekom
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."