Re: Over 15 partitions on SCSI?

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 16:11:06 EST

B. Galliart wrote:
> Partition check:
> sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3 sdb4 < sdb5 sdb6 sdb7 sdb8 sdb9 sdb10 sdb11 sdb12
> sdb13 sdb 14 sdb15 >

If you absolutely cannot do the work that Andries pointed out, you
could "manually" setup a bunch of loop devices, to select the other
partitions.

As I've proven on my DVD RAM drive, you can setup loop devices
directly on a device. You'd need to make a script that parses the
partition table, and creates the right loop devices.

(Hmm. Can loop handle offsets larger than 32 bits? That's going to be
a big setback if it doesn't!)

                        Roger.

*       Common sense is the collection of                                *
******  prejudices acquired by age eighteen.   -- Albert Einstein ********