Re: test2-pre4 and pcmcia network problems

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 09:43:49 EST

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Derek Wildstar wrote:

> > Have you tried ealier 2.3.xx kernels? Does it work/notwork for you in
> > 2.3.9x for example?
>
> It worked up until about 2.3.99pre4 or 5, unfortunately I had just ritten
> it off as a work in progress and not anting to be too annoying (plus being
> pretty busy at ork =/) ... and not having a properly working w key...well
> you get the picture it just slipped =)

Mind testing a one-liner change to yenta.c in order to pin-point what the
bad change that caused this was due to?

The one-liner would be to the function yenta_power_sense(), and I'd
actually like you to test it two ways:
 - always do the cb_writel() at the end
 - _never_ do the cb_writel() at the end

(in other words, I'd like you to change the "if (status & XXXX) return"
part to be a "if (0) return;" and also try a "if (1) return;").

I'm almost positive that it's the power sense that goes wrong, and this
has had some changes lately.

Thanks,

                Linus