Re: buffer.c:1493 BUG [ac-22-class+reiserfs]

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 09:41:31 EST

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>
> > I also encountered this exact oops (once).. no added patches here.
>
> And today, I encountered the same oops in ac22.riel.. doesn't
> seem to be classzone specific.

As expected ;)

As for the other "VM bug" which came over the list tonight,
I'm fairly sure it is not a classzone vs. riel thing since
both use the same underlying mechanisms and the bug seems to
be either in one of the basic mechanisms or in code triggering
those mechanisms in an unexpected way (reiserfs? some driver?)...

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.

Wanna talk about the kernel? irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/