Re: buffer.c:1493 BUG [ac-22-class+reiserfs]

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 09:24:35 EST

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Mike Galbraith wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>
>> I also encountered this exact oops (once).. no added patches here.
>
>And today, I encountered the same oops in ac22.riel.. doesn't seem to
>be classzone specific.

The Oops is generated by the diff that I posted to l-k to fix the fs
corruption generated by the bogus destroy_buffers() (and such diff is
included also in the non-classzone ac22).

The Oops means that there's a page cache with an overlapped buffer that
belongs to a kdev_t B_FREE, that should never happen as far I can tell.

The previous code was wrongly also handling such case as if it would be
legal to have a buffer overlapped to the page cache that belongs to the
freepool. We have instead to trap the case where a buffer belongs to
B_FREE otherwise we'll add to the freelist a buffer that lives on the page
cache and bad corruption will happen.

Which filesystem are you using (only ext2?).

Andrea