HPT368 + RAID0 == bad hd params

From: winmutt (winmutt@nerds2go.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:19:04 EST

When using the HPT368 chipset with Striped groups created, I get great transfer
rates and now have figured out BOOT+ROOT+REISERFS. The last hurdle now seems to
be a geometry issue? I believe that the driver is not calulating the drive size
properly as I only get 10gb of my 20gb raid0 (10gb+10gb). Is this a permanent
problem, or an easy fix? DOS, pmagic sees ok, but sfdisk, fdisk, and cfdisk do
not. When I do create the proper sized partitions with pmagic, mkfs fails
horribly.

Any help, ideas or input would be a great help, I'm almost on the verge of
returning the two cards I purchased for 3ware products.

-Rolf