Re: Problem (only on Linux) with SCSI Disk after installation of Windows 2000

From: Goswin Brederlow (goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 15:50:12 EST

> Hello 2 days ago I installed (as a test / comparison as i
> normally only use Linux) Windows 2000 on one of my harddisks (I
> have 2 IDE drives with 14 + 8 GB and 2 SCSI drives with 1 and 4
> GB (Adaptec 2940 controller)

> I have successfully installed Windows 2000 but found that after
> installation of W2K i could not access the 4GB Harddisk on
> Linux anymore. This is for me absolutly strange. Originally I
> had only Linux partitions on this drive but now only W2K,
> Windows 98 and Windows NT are able to access the drive. I can't
> even access it with 'fdisk' on linux as it's completly
> disappeared.

I had a similar case with ide after leaving Windows 98 on after
playing Siedler and there it deletet drive completly (no more windows
on the drive :). Windows 98 went into suspend mode and after that the
drive was dead. Not even the controler was found (also the CDrom was
gone).

Partitioning and formating the drive under dos brought it back under
linux.

We are not alone :)
                Goswin