Re: IA64 version of 2.4.0-test1 has compile errors/config errors

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 18:24:11 EST

>> Having a dedicated mailing list per architecture to handle
>> architecture specific questions is very useful.

Jeff> I agree so long as folks can get a **WORKING** IA64 linux tree
Jeff> from www.kernel.org. This is clearly not the case today. I am
Jeff> concerned that Intel's IA64 effort may get a black eye if
Jeff> everytime folks download an IA64 Linux from www.kernel.org, they
Jeff> discover that they canot build it.

I don't see your point, I download the kernel from kernel.org and
apply David's patch and compile that - runs just fine.

Jes