Sparc-32 and 2.2.16

From: Robert Dinse (nanook@eskimo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 19:39:02 EST

     So far my 4-CPU SS-10 (Ross RTK-625 100mhz Hypersparc) web server (running
Apache) has been up three days without a crash under 2.2.16. This is something
of a record, I don't think it has lasted this long on a 2.2.x kernel ever.

     Also, paging activity seems to be down on both this machine and some
single CPU boxes and they are also thus far stable.

     I see a lot of talk about fixing the VM stuff from 2.2.16 on 2.2.17, and
I'm a bit concerned since this is the first 2.2.x kernel that has EVER been
stable on these boxes, and at least for this application, the VM behavior seems
to be far better than it ever has been.

     I don't know for sure that this isn't a fluke, but it's about the longest
fluke I've experienced with a 2.2.x kernel.