>1. Are you going to add project identifiers to allow for a project
> accounting system?
The CSA records have a project id field for future use with a
project accounting system. Adding project accounting to the Linux
kernel isn't currently on our project feature list, but if there's enough
interest in this, it could happen.
>2. Have you considered CSA usage in a cluster environment?
Yes, figuring out cluster accounting is at the top of the feature
list after we provide the base functionality. To prepare for that, CSA
makes use of the following:
1) job identifiers (jids) are unique across a cluster
2) CSA record field values are in machine independent units (i.e. clock
ticks are converted to microseconds before being written
into a CSA accounting record)
3) the record size is kept the same on 32 bit and 64 bit machines to
ease later processing on a mixed cluster of machine types
4) there's a record header field of a magic number which indicates if
the record was written on a big or little-endian system
--- Marlys Kohnke Silicon Graphics Inc. email@example.com 655F Lone Oak Drive (651)683-5324 Eagan, MN 55121
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jun 23 2000 - 21:00:14 EST