Interrupt handler problem

From: Arnaud Westenberg (arnaud@casema.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 05:27:44 EST

Hi all,

I have the following problem:

To address my hardware I had to write low-level read and write
functions. These functions first write the desired address to the base
address of my hardware and then I can read or write the contents of the
desired address from the base address plus 1.
(could somebody tell me the name of this sort of memory addressing?)

The problem begins at interrupt time. The lowlevel hardware access is so
slow that I "loose" the next interrupt and message (no hardware buffer).
I have to read several successive bytes wich means several low-level
operations. Normally one would use insb.

This problem occurs on a P160, on a 486 with hardware wich is direct
addressable I have no problems.

Does someone has any suggestions?

TIA

Greetings Arnaud

P.S. could you please also CC to my mail address?