Re: Proposal for task_queue() WorkToDo Optimization for Network File Systems

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 11:07:17 EST

Linus,

I am going to put together some simple patches for this initially and
play with it here while you guys digest and mull over what was
described, and do some testing to see how much this may help. If it
looks like it provides a positive improvement, I'll submit them to you
for approval and inclusion.

I wanted to provide a writeup to explain fully just what it was I was
doing before proceeding with it. I will pass all relevant page cache and
VFS changes to the list as I idetify them and post the numbers.

:-)

I love working on Linux, BTW.

Jeff