Re: PCI configuration problem in 2.3.99 prex

From: Richard Henderson (rth@twiddle.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:47:09 EST

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 05:11:32PM -0400, Soohoon Lee wrote:
> Alpha has seperate address space for each PCI bus and
> current pci drivers in drivres/pci cannot deal with that.
> I've modified drivers/pic/setup-res.c like following but ...

Did you encounter an actual problem here? Or did you just
think that things weren't as symmetric as you thought they
should be?

The purpose of that minimum is to avoid the random PeeCee gunk
that exists on the ISA bus that we don't know about. Secondary
PCI busses are not connected to the ISA bus, and so do not have
to worry about such things.

r~