RE: PCI configuration problem in 2.3.99 prex

From: Soohoon Lee (Soohoon.Lee@alpha-processor.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:16:55 EST

> + if (root->start > 0xffffffffUL) {
> + min |= root->start & ~0xffffffffUL;
> + }

  +#if BITS_PER_LONG > 32
  + min |= root->start & ~0xffffffffUL;
  +#endif

        At 64-bit machines we don't need to care about doing some extra
        test in case we might not need to use that code, plus at 32-bit
        machines it would never execute anyway. Right ?

Ok, I only thought about Alpha.
But having min field in struct resource is a bad thing?
Though the small change affect all the architecure sources,
It doesn't look clean that min value is not related to start or end.
... What's the difference between start and min?
Are those addresses below min ever used?
I don't know, I'm not an architect.

Soohoon.