VM performance...

From: Mikael Grahn (nvx@hem.passagen.se)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 16:10:25 EST

I just thought i would give my word on the VM performance problems. There
has been alot of talk around this problem the last week. New pre patches
come and it doesn't seem to help. Linus said that the new pre7 patch would
make it better. I applied it and not surprised i noticed no change.
There is however some light in the darkness. The nice classzone patch by
Andrea Arcangeli is very nice !
It has killed all the performance problems over here. Now i can at last do
heave I/O work and still use the computer at the same time :) Great work
Andrea !

To Linus and whoever is resposible for the VM code in the kernel, you
should really take a look at the classzone patch. It really works.

Not much more to say than... Andrea, keep those patches coming. So i can
have a usable system.

/Mikael 'Nik' Grahn - Mindkiller Systems -