Re: VM performance...

From: Vandoorselaere Yoann (yoann@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 08:38:49 EST

Florin Andrei <fandrei@rds.ro> writes:

> Mikael Grahn wrote:
> >
> > To Linus and whoever is resposible for the VM code in the kernel, you
> > should really take a look at the classzone patch. It really works.
>
> Yes, but VMWare dies badly with classzone patch applied to the host system.
> But i guess this is not Andrea's concern...

I think vmware contain many hack and is very dependant on the kernel,
which make it very sensible to whatever kernel change.

If the application is in cause,
it need to be fixed... not the kernel ( so if including the classzone patch
is good for the kernel VM gestion ( what i think ), we should include it, right ?) .

--
                   -- Yoann,  http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~yoann/
     It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().