Re: block allocation in ext2fs

From: Benhanokh Gabriel (gabrielo@cs.huji.ac.il)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 09:08:25 EST

hello again

i think there is a mechanism i can use to do this.
the file system doesn't look at the blocks table when processes are trying
to access an offset in the file, but in the file size which i can change
to zero in the beginning and later update it every time i write a quantum.

at the moment we are going to lock files until all the blocks were
written.

i might try the above mentioned hack later

/gaby

regards
Benhanokh Gabriel

"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a
protected abstract virtual base class with a pure virtual private destructor,
and when was the last time you needed one?"
        -- Tom Cargil, C++ Journal, Fall 1990. --