Re: Does Linux support Intel 810 chipset graphics card ?

From: Nils Faerber (Nils.Faerber@unix-ag.org)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 11:08:56 EST

Hi!
On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 03:29:04PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Graphics card is Intel 810 chipset graphics ( they call it that way :( )
> The 810 onboard video is supported by XFree 3.3.6 with an additional kernel
> module thats part of XFree and manages the AGP.
Works pretty stable.
Newer i810 boards even have a BIOS that initializes the panellink interface
(digital LCD connection) so that panellink can be used with any videomode
(i.e. XFree then runs via panellink!). And even more there is 3D hardware
acceleration coming up in utah-glx.
So far I would say the i810 is better supported than many other video cards ;)

> > and Adi 8110(?) sound card. I am not able to get my desktop resolution
> Don't know. The onboard 810 audio is just about kind of badly supported right
> now. Im working on this with hardware from Analog. There is also an ALSA
> driver for it
The ALSA driver is working pretty flawlessly now. The only problem seems to
be that not all possible codecs are supported. We once had a board where the
audio hardware itself was detected but the codec was not. All later models
worked just fine!

> Alan
CU
  nils