Re: nfs as a loadable module ?

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 10:21:25 EST

> Dear All,

> I am working on a Linux (version 2.2.12) ReaHat 6.1 and i am
> facing some problems when installing nfs as a loadable module :

> -portmap is running -nfs.o and nfsd.o are loaded in the kernel
> with insmod/modprobe

> but when testing this nfs config with : mount -t nfs
> localhost:/etc /tmp/test I obtain the permanent error
>> mount: RPC: Program not registered

> Should i use mountd (which does not exist in this RedHat
> distribution) or some thing else

Yes. You will need the full nfs-utils (rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd, and
rpc.statd) in order to get knfsd to work. If I remember correctly,
RedHat 6.1 had all of this packaged in the knfsd RPM.

Please note that for this sort of question, you can also consult the
Linux NFS FAQ on

 http://nfs.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
  Trond