IDE Controllers

From: Edward Muller (edwardam@home.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 06:03:34 EST

I was wondering which add in PCI IDE controllers are good to use and SMP safe
with a 2.2.14 or 2.2.15 kernel. I did some looking for Ultra66 controllers and
the only thing I could find that was supported was the Ultra66 from
Promise. Checking on their site, they state the the driver is included with
2.2.10 and later, but in 2.2.15 I could not find a reference to an Ultra66
driver in the kernel sources (or I was being very stupid :-) ). Plus, the driver
that I downloaded from Promises website states that it isn't SMP safe.

So to sum up a long story. I have four drives, using RAID and would like to
migrate the two slaves to their own controllers (making them single/masters of
course), both for performance reasons as well as RAID stability reasons.

What PCI IDE controllers have good support in the stable (2.2.14/2.2.15) tree?

--
Edward Muller
edwardam@home.com