Re: classzone-VM + mapped pages out of lru_cache

From: Shane Shrybman (shrybman@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 14:18:18 EST

Martin Josefsson wrote:

> I've tested my 2MB Matrox Mystique 170MHz PCI card in two computers with
> the exact same result. It was in an Amd K6 200 and a Celeron 366.

I have the same MGA card.

> It works like a charm in XFree 3.3.6, I may be because 4.0 is more
> agressive with memory or something, 4.0 is much faster than 3.3.6

I have moved back to XFree 3.3.6 and I was able to reproduce the
'X' hang with pre7-3 + classzone18. I could do nothing locally and it
did respond to pings but I could not login. The login would hang at
"esc character ']' " message.

> Andrea, do you have any clues about this?

I think/hope he does. Go Andrea! and thanks.

Cheers,
Shane