Re: kernel-debugging

From: Vinodkumar Parasmal (vinodkumar.paras@wipro.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 01:39:35 EST

Hi George/All,
We were really stuck up with this kernel debugging , your timely
support has helped us a lot .but there is one thing that is
bugging again .when we put the .gdbinit file in the directory where
vmlinux resides ,and start gdb vmlinux it says that you are using
obsolete /dev/cua0 ,instead use /dev/ttyS0 .

we just tested /dev/ttyS0 using cu command as follows ...,
cu -l /dev/ttyS0
it says
cu : open (/dev/ttyS0 ): permission denied
cu : /dev/ttyS0 :line in use,
how do we get /dev/ttyS0 work for us .

thanks in advance
Vinod