Re: stuck on TLB IPI wait (CPU

From: Hans-Joachim Baader (hans@grumbeer.inka.de)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 15:56:55 EST

In article <390E72ED.A8A97D59@libc.org> you write:
>I have noticed that it doesn't seem to matter when it happens. IOW, it
>happens sitting idle, or in any load level. I am running a kernel
>recompiled from RH's modified sources, and using RAID 0. No Additional
>patches added. I was going to try ReiserFS, but with the reports of
>this problem on machines with it, I figure I have enough problems. :|
>
>Anything I can do to help track and destroy this bug, let me know.

There was a one-line patch for the scheduler in 2.2.14/15 posted
recently. It seems to work for all people, including me. However
the question arose if it really was a scheduler bug or rather
a Reiserfs bug that should be fixed...

hjb

--
http://www.pro-linux.de/ - Germany's largest volunteer Linux support site