RE: Patch to change net_device.name from char* to char[].

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 15:01:50 EST

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Dunlap, Randy wrote:

> or USB net drivers. Please give us a small bit of warning if/when
> drivers need to be modified...or is this the notification?

Consider this the notification. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the
alternative patch (that also fixes the bugs with name handling) from Alan
was just too ugly for me and left this clean-up for a later date.

The good news being that all the problem spots should pretty much be
pinpointed by simple compiler error messages..

                Linus