Re: [patch] 3c59x.c

From: Andreas Tobler (toa@pop.agri.ch)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 02:35:09 EST

Tom Rini wrote:
> > > Erm. When did this break? The driver in 2.2.15pre20 is working quite happily
> > > in my G4 on a 3c905B.
> >
> > A stock 3c59x.c with the insl_ns/outsl_ns should work with 2215p20.
> > The break happens for me in Andrews patch from 22.4. I can't get it to
> > run it leads to a 'freeze'. But right now??
>
> Right, but was something broken? The card seems to be working perfectly right
> now. I can try out 2.3.xx in a bit, but if the 3c59x driver broke at somepoint
> on PPC I'd look elsewhere. The insl/outsl bits look exactly the same. And,
> I've been shoving a good deal of data at/through my 3com. I'd also be glad to
> try & lock it up.

As I can say about my card 3c590, it never worked for ppc. Except I
insert the insl/outsl to insl_ns/outsl_ns.
If so then the driver worked perfectly. This is before the patch from
Andrew: http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/#3c59x-2.2.
With the patch I get a lock asap I insert the driver or do a ifup
<device>. I didn't track it down right now, I tried the 2.3 first. But
here I have no luck either.
A communication between two machines happens. A simple ping from the
3com based machine leads to recognized MAC on the second machine running
tcpdump. In the other direction I get only rubish MAC's. An answer to
the ping doesn't happen, in both direction.

Andreas