Pre7 fs bug ?

From: Andrew Stubbs (andrews@stusoft.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 09:00:09 EST

I have a 8GB SCSI disk on an adaptec AHA-2940 controller with 8GB free, less
the zips below.

On this ext2 formatted disk there is a 200MB zip file containing a 3GB
oracle export. Under pre-5 I could unzip the file, under pre7 it gets to
about 2GB and stops with "file exceeded limits" or similar.

The disk was formatted with 4096K blocks and it should take the file plus
the fact that it works under pre5 points to something else begin wrong.

Any ideas ?

Andrew

PS I also get the kswapd of death - and have gone back to pre-5.