Re: rpc/tcp mesg size

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 11:10:53 EST

> Sorry I forgot to mention. Im running my code on 2.2.14 kernel.
> Im able to send data of k bytes sucessfully between the client
> server kernel modules.

For 2.2.14, if you want the RPC over tcp client code to work, just
pick up the NFSv3 client patches from

    http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/linux-2.2.14-nfsv3-0.20.10.dif.bz2

If however, you need the RPC server stuff to work over tcp, I'm afraid
you'll have some hacking to do. To my knowledge nobody else has yet
put in the necessary work.

Note that if you do want to help out on this matter, you should be
aware of the Linux NFS project on

           http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=14

There are several of us there who have experience working on the RPC
code, and we'd love to help somebody who's interested in working on
the tcp side of the RPC server code. That would directly benefit the
knfsd server...

Cheers,
  Trond