Re: Is shared memory now only for use by the kernel in 2.3.x????

From: kenbo@iris.com
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 09:42:08 EST

Christoph Rohland <cr@sap.com> writes:

> The attached patch should fix this.

> Greetings
                                 Christoph

It did indeed fix the problem, thank you. So we get this patch put into
2.3.x and we're looking good with shared memory.

As long as I've got your attention, are you having any problems with SMP?
I cannot seem to get the SMP 2.3.x kernel to stay up for more than a few
hours (3 1/2 is the record, 2minutes is the worst) before it crashes. If
I just flip the switch and disable SMP, then everything works fine (up for
more than a day and working fine). I'd love to debug it, but the usual
effect is that the system reboots itself; and I'm a relative newbie in
kernel debugging on Linux (although I've done work on AIX). So, any
ideas? I'll start a new thread later if needed. FYI: my machine is a
dual 400 xeon NetFinity 5500, which truly rocks with Linux on it under
normal circumstances :-)

Thanks!

kenbo

Firebirds rule, `stangs serve!