hanging socket when smbfs (and others?) loaded on stable kernel

From: Andreas Schuldei (schuldei@andrive.de)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 08:51:26 EST

please find enclosed the test-programs which produce the error on stock
linux 2.2.14 and earlier.

client and server work like a charm when smbfs is not loaded.

Whenever I load smbfs (when I mount a samba-share) after some random
(but long) time my testprogram hangs.

it looks like the server waits for some more data from client. But I can
not explain why: the transmitted data is by far less then the mtu. It
does not matter if I go over lo or eth or if I use TCP_NODELAY or not.

Please give it a spin and tell me what is wrong!