Re: devfs persistence

From: Peter Svensson (petersv@psv.nu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 06:33:40 EST

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Richard Gooch wrote:

> I see no reason we can't have /dev/scsi/identifiers/ as well.

And even for disks it makes sense. You want to mke2fs (or your filesystem
of choise) the correct physical disk. You cannot really depend on the
label in that situation, but a WWN sounds like just what is needed.

Peter

--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF