Re: oops on partition check, depending on drive order

From: bug1 (bug1@netconnect.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 09:10:22 EST

I have to retract my statement about the drive order, it oopses
irespective of drive order, i must have just had a lucky run for a few
reboots.

I managed to run some oops through ksymoops, 2 from detecting the
partitions at boot, 1 from doing a cat /dev/md0 >/dev/null and leaving
it for ~10 minutes.

The last one is different as usually when i do boto succesfuilly and
test my array, i get the ide_dma_timeout funt only: 14, from which it
locks up hard after a fraction of a sec and i dont get any output.

This time it died slower, two of my drives had there dma disabled due to
timeouts, then it eventually locked up, displaying the oops.
This output is pretty forign to me, but this one (cat.ksymoops) seems
the longest, so maybe its the most usefull, it didnt hapen at boto which
is where it happens most often, but i think it is the same problem.

I can produce more of these, or do other tests if anyone can think of
some.

Thanks

Glenn MCGrath