Re: [patch] repost of netfilter/NIPQUAD patches

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 16:42:51 EST

> > Still too much code duplication (and it reeks of the SMALLBUF, BIGBUF
> > things found in too many apps).
>
> No, just one type, "netaddrstring_t" or something like that, for
> exactly this purpose.

You mean, define that to a suitable array? Like
  __u32 x;
  addrstr_ipv4_t adr;
  addrstr_ipv4_ntoa(&adr, x);
  printk("%s", adr);

(note the "ipv4" as name component; we're going to need an ipv6 one too)
That would probably be OK, although I don't think we _need_ the
explicit buffers.

> > This is _perfect_ stuff for writing a suitable library function.
>
> What is a suitable library function in this case, IYO?

printk(). Need to find a suitable syntax for different address
families though.

Olaf