Re: Any way to make the stack shown on an OOPS longer than the default?

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 10:14:48 EST

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Miles Lane wrote:

> I am hitting an OOPS in 2.3.99-pre6-3 in usb-ohci.
> That module's primary developer has asked that I
> obtain as longer stack trace in the OOPS message.
> The reason this is necessary is that when this
> particular OOPS occurs, my system completely locks
> and I'm unable to get more info than what is on the
> screen.

Hi,

If you only need the complete existing oops, look into either
serial or lp console (linux/Documentation).

If you really need to capture long traces, IKD is the way to go.
let me know offline if you want a 2.3.99-pre6-3 snapshot.
(Ask developer how much reading enjoyment he can take first:)

        -Mike