Re: SCSI timeout and reset on ncr53c8xx and DVD_AUTH ioctl

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 19:23:10 EST

On Sun, Apr 16 2000, Robert Broughton wrote:
> > Indeed you are correct, these somehow got switched... Attached patch
> > should set correct data direction.
> >
> I successfully burned a CD after installing this patch. (Only
> 55 MB of data, which might make a difference.) No kernel panic

The patch only touched an area related to doing CSS authentication
for DVD drives, so it should no influence CD burning.

> or hangup, but I did get the following messages:
> -----
> Apr 16 12:14:35 venn kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0 VENDOR SPECIFIC(0xe6) 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
> Apr 16 12:14:35 venn kernel: scsi0 : DANGER : command running, can not abort.

This is odd, what kind of command is that? What drive do you have? This
sounds like something you want to take up with the cdrecord author.

> Do these messages indicate that there is still a problem?

Depends, I have no idea what that command does.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
*  Linux CD/DVD-ROM, SuSE Labs