Re: kmsgdump not SMP-safe ?

From: willy tarreau (wtarreau@yahoo.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 04:47:09 EST

> It seems to work fine.
that's a good news.

> I managed to get the manual mode work from the
> console. It crashes
> under X though (starts beeping forever...)

if you get a single beep every 3 seconds or so,
then it's not crashed, it's just working fine but
you can't see anything because the VGA Bios has not
correctly reset the video mode to color text mode (3).
I suspect that the VGA bios may not be reinitialized
before kmsgdump gets the control, I'll have to verify.
Anyway, the beeps are there to tell you that kmsgdump
is alive and that any action can be sent through the
keyboard if you need.

> However, the automatic works under X, so I'm a happy
> camper...
>
> Phil.

Ok, at least you helped me to make it behave a bit
less
badly :-)

thanks for your tests

Willy