RE: 440MX Support for linux

From: Sébastien Bernard (bernarbs@club-internet.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:39:14 EST

HI, thanks for your reply.

I included with this mail the output of the laptop :
lspci.output is the result of the lspci command.
dmesg.output is ... well you know what :)
1) The current annoying symptoms are about the APM module.
If I let a only chance to the kernel to call the BIOS for Power managment, it lock rock solid.
For now, the only possibility for me to use this laptop, is to plus the power cable in the machine
and leave it there (no quite praticable for a laptop, I guess).
2) I tried to test the ACPI : the kernel stops after printing the first entry found in the table (which is not FACP).
I think we need some magic to make this chipset works correctly.
3) By the way as you can see in the dmesg output, the IDE works correctly despite the facts it says it's unkown.
(I think it's because I enabled the generic IDE option).
The only problem is when probing the partition table : it pauses for a few seconds then says lost interrupt goes on without problems.
Any clues ?

    Seb