Re: Suggested dual human/binary interface for proc/devfs

From: Bill Wendling (wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 19:28:34 EST

Also sprach Ed Carp:
} Terje Kvernes (terjekv@ifi.uio.no) writes:
}
} > personally I'd like to see procdump at least not produce html, it
} > should instead produce XML and one should have a nice XSL to go with
} > that. but I digress. (this should exist no matter how one chooses to
} > display the information to users of course ,)
}
} No, no, NO! Straight ASCII. Forget the latest XML/XSL BS/hype.
}
} Why is it that people who should know better always jump on the latest
} and greatest technological whizz-bang like it's the silver bullet that
} will cure all ills?
}
Have you ever used XML? It's actually quite useful for a number of
things. It's based off of SGML, which has been around for quite a while.
And it has a number of really nice features.

Why are you so violent against its use?