Re: English spelling? Yes! (was: Re: Shmem filesystem? DevFS? Why.)

From: William Scott Lockwood III (ThatLinuxGuy@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 18:52:32 EST

Funny, I find it in my copy of Webster's dating back to 1972. As I told you
once, in private, what makes a language? The SMALL group of people who
invented it, or the LARGE group of people using it? Please feel free to get a
life and stop this useless attack on American English once and for all.

Do you think America will one day "wake up" and say, "Golly! We don't write
or speak like the English do! Let's spend lots of money on the schools, and
reprint all the dictionaries just to appease them with NO clear benefit to our
society what so ever!"

I think not.

Please stop.

Scott