RE: nfs: task 37637 can't get a request slot

From: Bernard Dautrevaux (Dautrevaux@microprocess.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 12:13:41 EST

Hi Trond,

> The Oops may or may not be unrelated to your problem. Certainly for
> the swapper to crash will cause problems.

Certainly yes ;-(

> As for NFS it seems that requests are being sent by altair, and
> canopus is replying, but altair is not seeing the reply. I assume the
> tcpdump itself was not made on altair?

Wrong assumption :-) the tcpdump (I join a shortened copy) was made on
altair (the Linux box); I don't have tcpdump on Solaris !-(... altair was
still perfectly functionnal, as long as you don't need NFS.

Note that I had to force the system stop (by shutting off) to be able to
reboot as (not so surprising) Linux was not able to properly shutdown before
reboot as it was blocked while trying to unmount mounted NFS file systems
:-)

Anyway, thanks for your answer: I was not expected it as my message was
rejected by the mailing list (the tcpdump output was too big); does this
mean that my message went to the list anyway or have you a crystal ball (or
do I mistakenly CCed you?) and I'll better to repost a shortened message for
the list readers?

Regards,

                Bernard

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC. me of any answer; Thanks.

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie
97 bis, rue de Colombes
92400 COURBEVOIE